I thought it was time to start a blog to document the journey of building our humble home. If not for anything other than so MrK and I can one day look back and remember this journey it in it's entirety.
Just like my fond for taking photos to capture most moments of our life, I decided to go back to blogging again and capture this daunting yet exciting part of our life.
It all started with just a thought that I passed on to MrK one night. Every morning when I go to work and every time I would go home I would pass by banners showing new estate selling lands.
A couple of years ago, I had the same thoughts but due to high interest rate and the benefit of having a great landlord, we put that thought on the backburner until just recently.
After over ten years of renting, MrK and I have now decided, the time is now...
25 June 2016
We started builder hunting as soon as MrK and I decided that we will pursue our dream of building our very own home. Most Saturdays are filled with waking up early and towing our two kids and a niece to display homes. walking, browsing, comparing, note taking and getting confused with all the things that each builder is offering and on top of that coming home with tons of brochures, pricelists and paperworks.
20 August 2016
After passing by what was formerly knows as Claymore, and seeing that it was not how people have perceived it anymore, MrK and I agreed that this will be the place that we will move our family and let new things and memories flourish.
The following day, we visited our lot and was just so proud that after all these years, we will soon be first time homeowners. It made it more real when a SOLD sign was posted over our land. I cant help but looked at our children Z and H and if only I can let them feel how proud we are and that they are the reason why we wish to do more ... its for them.







No comments:
Post a Comment