Now that construction is arms reach, I thought I'd do more mental notes for the house so I wont forget just in case I get bogged down and get more confused during the construction process.
Today. I decided to think about the external lights and this is what I am planning to get... yes I used the possessive word "I" as MrK said I can be in charge of those ...yipeee
I've chosen this up down lights. Minimalist yet stylish and definitely functional. Something like this.
I am thinking of this simple up down light. Nothing flashy but functional.
Glad to have found this at Bunnings:
An issue that I raised with Beechwood this week was the configuration of our sink.
After visiting a friend who just moved in into their lovely new home, I happen to admire her sink. Just like her, we have a stone benchtop (which was an upgrade on our part).
She asked me how ours will be like.
I said something like this:
|
| But she convinced me to ask if we can have something like hers (wasn't able to take a photo) similar to this: |
I tried contacting BWH stating that this was not discussed to us during the colour selection appointment when we spoke of other things. But unfortunately because we were apparently in the construction stage, any variations will cost us $1000. Needless to say, we dropped the idea.
It would have been nice to have a benchtop without a stainless steel sticking up but never mind.
So whoever is reading this and you are still in the planning stage, just perhaps discuss this option if you like.
Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for joining us in our journey and see you in our next post.
Don't stress about not having and under bench sink. The stone around the rim often chips and then you have no drying rack unless you get the stone cut on a slope so the water runs into the sink instead of on the floor.
ReplyDeletethanks for that reply Mel. I guess its a minute details and I am sure i will forget about it after some time... its a nice idea but if you say that the stone around the rim is prone to chipping then I suppose the sink that we have should be fine.
Delete