Saturday, 4 February 2017

Let's Think Stone Benchtop

If there is something that is making an indecisive me come out, it is in things like this ...
I know that once I decide on something like the benchtop of our new home, it will be a forever fixture that unlike the colour of the wall, it is something that will be an expensive change should I decide that I cannot live with it ...

As you have seen in my previous post,  I had a change of heart from then ... What was once a cemented thought of a dark benchtop has made a 360 degrees reversal and we are now going for something light, something classic yet something that is now getting to be popular on the contemporary side.

I have browsed through Caesarstone website for awhile now that my eyes (and my brain) had a total meltdown (aka confused state) going back and forth with some of my possible contenders for our benchtop so I ordered some samples from them so I can have a feel and see for myself instead of relying on my memory of when we were in the tile shop. 

Here are some of the samples that I had from Caesarstone and Quantum Quarts which are very helpful indeed when builders like me is still waiting for our colour specialist to give us a hand.

Top to bottom :  Michaelangelo (from Quantum) Carrara Quarts (from Quantum)
then left to right: Luna White, Amaretti, Polar White

Left to Right:  Alpine Mist, Frosty Carrina, Ocean Foam, London Grey

Close up of Alpine Mist and Frosty Carrina

Close up of Ocean Foam and London Grey

Now looking at the samples in a dark background.


This is now the narrowed choice:  Left is Frosty Carrina ... I would rather have the Michelangelo (see first photo) as the runner up rather than the London Grey (right pic) seeing that my objective is to brighten the area


Googling and this is one of the photos that shows some of the features of the Frosty Carrina.

Thank you for joining us in our journey to build our forever home... see you in the next post and hopefully I am not as confused as I am now hahaha... I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment